Call us on 01608 647400

Find The landlord insurance cover for your property

Listed Building Insurance

Whether you’ve created your dream home from a grade II* listed castle or found your perfect match in a listed Georgian Terrace; when it comes to finding your ideal home, everyone has their own aspirations. Maintaining these special buildings is part of ownership and one of the reasons many decide to purchase a listed building. Having the correct insurance and knowing what it covers is an important aspect, so learn more about how to insure a listed building and get a free online quote today.

Get A Free Quote

protect your property with listed building insurance

Do I Need Listed Buildings Home Insurance?

If you are a listed building owner, whether you occupy the building or let it out, then the answer is yes. As listed buildings are of special interest, there are usually structural limitations when it comes to renovation or repairs to damage. Therefore, in the case of damage, the materials used to fix the property may be more expensive or harder to come by, hence costing the owner more. Whether you are looking for listed building insurance in Scotland, England, Wales, or Northern Ireland it is important that we find you the correct cover for your listed home. All are unique and have individual requirements, so we want to ensure you are covered if you have to make a claim.

Get A Free QuoteTerms & Conditions Apply

What Is A Listed Building?

When a building is listed, it marks the presence of special architectural or historic interests. This can before a variety of reasons, from giving a distinct character to an area to being built during a certain period, or being an accessible part of the UK’s rich heritage. Dependent on level of interest, buildings are categorised into three listing grades (England & Wales):

-       Grade I: Of exceptional interest
-       Grade II*: Of particularly important interest, more than of special interest
-       Grade II: Of special interest, and is the most common grade of listing for a listed homeowner

Listed buildings in Scotland are categorised into three listing grades as follows:

-       Category A: Outstanding examples of a particular period, style, or building type
-       Category B: Major examples of a particular period, style, or building type
-       Category C: Representative examples of a particular period, style, or building type

Get A Free QuoteTerms & Conditions Apply

get your home covered

What Does Listed Building Insurance Cover?

At InsureMy, we work with specialist listed building insurers to get the best insurance for you. We know that when it comes to repairing damage on listed buildings there are likely to be stricter requirements than that of a standard home. However, listed building insurance still works just like standard home insurance and can cover you in the case of damage to your property. As it is likely that your listed home will require certain materials that may be harder to come by or more costly, specially trained workers to implement the work, as well as consent from Historic England, Historic Environment Scotland, Cadw (Wales) or Historic Environment Division (Northern Ireland), insurance usually comes at a higher cost. Listed building insurance varies between providers, just like any specialist home insurance does, but generally listed building insurance covers:

fire icon

Fire, flood and weather damage

Burst pipes


malicious man

Burglary, theft and vandalism

Get A Free Quote

compare holiday home property insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

compare home insurance

Home Insurance

listed building insurance

Get A Free Online Quote Today For Your Listed Building

Owning a listed property is a dream for many and one which can come with a lot of responsibility. Obtaining the correct listed building insurance will protect your property in the event that it receives damage, renovation or any other work that could threaten its status. We can provide quotes to suit all grades of listed buildings.

We know insurance

Over 25 Years Helping Our Customers Get Insurance They Deserve

We only suggest policies from providers we know and trust.

Our customers stay for an average of 5 years

We love properties heart

Our UK-based support team is here to help with any query.

That’s why over 150,000 people insure with us every year.

Here for you

Our UK team is here to help you

Our team of dedicated insurance specialists are here to help, no matter what type of query, we’re ready for you.

Call us on 01608 647400

Landlord insurance you can trust

Compare Listed Buildings Insurance

Home insurance you can trust

Find a policy that works for you and your insurer

You can call us on
01608 647400
Monday - Thursday 9am - 7:30pm, Friday 9am - 5:30pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm